6 wrong reasons to start a relationship
Have you ever seen someone in a relationship and you just know they are not going to make it? It happens all around us. I have been seeing that many times since my childhood. It is but normal to see people who never managed to make it in their relationships and they are just moving on and on from one relationship to another with the aim of one day, meeting their soul mate.
In most situations I have examined, they keep changing partners here and there highly because of their main purpose behind the relationship. When someone is behaving in that routine, you will realized that they have a wrong reason for starting the relationship and thatís why their relationship never last, then you start seeing misunderstanding in everything they do.
At times many people felt the need to have a relationship with a certain person without examining whether the need for it is necessary and the end result is that, it leads to nowhere.For example, if a person feels that he/she is lonely probably due to lack of closed associates like friends, may jump into a relationship thinking it's true love. But behind the relationship, itís not so because he/she just needed a company and when the loneliness dies off, probably when his/her associates are back, he/she tends to ignore the relationship just like that. The reason behind this is because they were quite unconscious that they needed a company and instead of finding a solution in a different form, they seek it in a relationship and when theyíre ok with their lives they dupe their partners.
6 wrong reasons to start a relationship
I decided to come up with this article because of my resent research on the high increased number of breakups around the world and I found that the reason why most couples breakup highly depends on their purpose (wrong purposes) behind the relationship. The below mentioned are some of the wrong reasons to start a relationship with, but if your relationship has nothing to do with it, just ignore them:
- Sex addiction: Sex addiction is when someone totally believes they canít do without sex and decided to jump into a relationship in order to satisfy these sexual desires. I donít see anything wrong in a young person to at least exercise this desire, but therein lies two big problem: The first is when they get into a relationship with this aim, they sexually harass their partner and secondly, after all the hard struggle, itís certain the relationship will someday split-up just like that.
- Relationship as a means of comfort: Another wrong reason is when a relationship is being used as a means of comfort. For example, if someone lacks the company of friends or parents probably because they travel to another city for education, the probability that out of loneliness, they will fall in love with their next door neighbour so as to feel comfortable is high. The problem with this kind of relationship is that it goes nowhere since it was built on pure loneliness and itís certain one day he/she will go back to their comfort zone.
- Relationship as a medium of comparison: This mostly happens with young people where one friend tries to compare with the other in terms of relationship or partner. This forces the other friend to persuade a relationship in order to avoid intimidation and respond back. This reason really hinders relationship growth since it makes no sense to be with someone just to boost to others, right?
- Relationship and external pressure: Another aspect which can force a person to start a wrong relationship, is the belief that at a certain age (depending on our cultures) one has to get married. This aspect causes many young people to panic and feel some anxiety to marry. Coupled with pressure from friends and family members with the ideal of, youíre not getting any younger. Nothing is wrong with that, but the only problem there is that it forces some young people to hurry and make the wrong choices.
- The fear of never marrying: This has to do with societal conditioning, which suggests that you should have been married with children by the age of probably 30s. Often it is women who feel this pain than the men as they move towards their 40s. Moving towards this age without a relationship, they assume that they will end up being a lonely spinster for the rest of their days. With this kind of thoughts, itís difficult to exercise patience when it comes to a partner. This thought also affects the selection process causing a sense of desperation to dive in and this leads to choosing the wrong match.
- The wrong match: Another reason behind this maybe when a person finds a better match for a partner and later is discouraged by external factors such as friends or parents, not recommending the partner but instead proposing someone else. I donít know whether this still happens, but it really does not make any sense to date someone because somebody recommends. Relationship is all about deep feelings and commitments. How can someone expresses this feelings with a neutral person? This makes such people to fall a victim with a wrong match.
From what is mentioned, you can see that any kind of relationship based on any of these grounds is bound to fail since relationship is not one of the means of escaping responsibility or a cure for solution.
Our aim behind xHow2.com is to straighten old and new beliefs in the world of self-help. We give forward and directive steps on how to carry a successful life, relationships, social life, public etc. We have been empowering and giving tips to both married and unmarried people on how to build successful relationships and on the other hand understanding their feelings and getting rid of unwanted ones.