7 qualities of a good partner
One of the biggest mistakes most people usually do when it comes to considering the qualities of a good partner is that, most of them focus on physical looks thereby ignoring other important qualities of a partner. Is it possible to say íthis is a good partnerí probably because you managed to spot out his/her physical looks? Right, but thatís not all.
I am not against the fact of sight attraction because I also know that sight appearance is what starts most relationship, if not all. But still, on the other hand, physical appearance is not all a person can consider in a partner. Itís just a small percentage of it.
When I was in the university, I had a friend called Ekema and we usually attend parties together. In one of the parties, Ekema met Annet for the first time and it was certain that Annet was beautiful. From the way they interacted, I knew they had something in common. After about a year and few months, Ekema told me they are planning to get married after graduation, but it was the reverse. Later on from that day, Ekema starts complaining on many things about her and before graduation, they had broken up.
That did not surprise me because the way in which he usually talks about her marital qualities was just based on her beauty and nothing else. One Sunday, we decided to visit the beach. My intention there was to talk many things on his relationship with Annet. When I did, among all the responses he gave, what touched me was when he said íshe is beautiful but not the marriage typeí. From what he said, I realized that he might have noticed that a partnerís qualities do just based only on looks but still on other criteria.
7 qualities of a good partner
As you can see from the above illustration, when looking at someoneís qualities for relationship or marriage , you have to go beyond just what the eyes can see, right? The following steps will explain some of the main qualities of a good partner.
- Accepts you for who you are: One of the qualities of a partner is the ability for him/her to accept you for who you are. This is because, some people are find with their partners only when things are good. They donít like experiencing the other side of the person. But a good partner accepts you for who you are, and when things are rough, he is there for you.
- Keeps his words: He is polite, respectful, considerate and attentive to a partnerís needs. A good partner does not escape tough situations by lying as with the case of abusive people. If a good partner promises to call you, stop by, take you out or do something, he sticks to it. If he is unable to fulfill his promise, he gives a sensible explanation and not just lame excuses.
- He/she is supportive: A good partner understands the importance of individual growth even outside the relationship realm. He sees his partnerís success as their achievement. He prefers encouraging the other partner to move forward as opposed to oppress her desires for expansion.
- He expresses his love spontaneously: He is not afraid to express his emotions, talk freely about his feelings, shows interest and does it intentionally. A good partner doesnít need an occasion to express his love to you. He does it spontaneously. He perceives you as the most beautiful, glorious, magnificent and unique person in the world. Other beautiful and handsome people may catch his attention but his mind remains with you.
- He/she is patient: A real partner for you wonít try to force you to be with him. They donít do things like that. Instead of forcing you, they will try to impress and make you see that they are worth your love. If you find a real partner you wonít have to worry about unwanted groping, date rape, or worse. Heíll take the time to get to know you and take things at a speed youíre comfortable with, right? Good partners are humble people. They donít need to beat their chest to show they are better, stronger, smarter, more successful than others.
- Bearing his/her faults: A good partner is someone who admits his mistakes and makes apology for without considering the circumstances, but if you live with someone who does not accept his/her faults, shifts blames on to you or others, then there is a high probability he/she is not one of then.
- Always has time for you: A good partner will always find time for you no matter how busy or crazy he appears to be. One of the qualities of a partner is that he never says things such as ďSorry, but I was busy with work.Ē No! This is because, if he wants to be with you, he will move mountains, cross continents, fly countries and does anything he could just to be with you. Am sure of that.
Physical appearance vs qualities
As you can see from the above qualities, assessing a partnerís qualities is not all about focusing on physical appearances but going beyond that. It is true that sight attraction is what that starts almost 90% of relationship, still when it comes down to marriage, there are many other factors to consider before facial features and appearance.
Appearance has just a few percentage of it when talking on other factors such as the above mentioned. This is because life cannot be fair and normal when you are living with someone who is physically handsome/beautiful and at the same time, you people donít share common interest in other criteria, and expect a healthy relationship.
Our aim behind xHow2.com is to straighten old and new beliefs in the world of self-help. We give forward and directive steps on how to carry a successful life, relationships, social life, public etc. We have been empowering and giving tips to both married and unmarried people on how to build successful relationships and on the other hand understanding their feelings and getting rid of unwanted ones.
See related articles to 7 qualities of a good partner